Crash data is used to develop and implement crash prevention countermeasures. The goal of this E-Manual is to improve the collection of Massachusetts crash data by easing the process of police agencies and crash data users.
This resource will improve:
- Efficiency and completeness of the Massachusetts crash reporting process
- Accuracy of all collected data
The Massachusetts Law Enforcement Crash Report E-Manual is an online resource for law enforcement and other users of transportation safety data, which aims to provide detailed information about the crash reporting process from start to finish.
The E-Crash Manual includes:
- Crash Data Dictionary—detailed information about crash fields and their assorted variables
- Crash Reporting Procedures—procedural information and tips for law enforcement
- Data Quality Overview—why data quality is important and updates from the latest Data Quality Audit